Disparate information sources and typically disjointed applications are problematic within health organisations and this results in administrative and resourcing overheads that can be avoided.
EB2BCOM has supplied IT systems and services to the eHealth sector for over ten years. We supply a range of software and associated expertise that address the specific requirements of the sector, including privacy, security, synchronisation of multiple data repositories, and easy, authorised access to information.
Examples of our eHealth engagements include:
- Provision of a synchronised internal health staff and services directory to The Alfred Hospital in Victoria Australia. This directory, called eHEARTS, combines information from multiple internal and external sources to provide a single, searchable interface to Hospital staff for contact and availability information. It also allows administration staff to update details and have these changes pushed back into the originating systems.
- Provision of a regional service provider directory to a health region in Victoria Australia
- The sales and support of the eHEARTS staff and resources directory to hospitals, regions and communities
- eHEARTS is provided as a managed service
- Built and supplied a high speed Service Provider Directory for NSW Health that featured fuzzy matching and searching that greatly facilitated the user experience and effectiveness in finding information
- Supplied the technology for PKI certificates storage and access for Medicare Australia (via partner Verizon Business)
- Secure electronic communication. EB2BCOM supplied the technology and built the system for the original eMedisafe network
Other applicable technologies
EB2BCOM also supplies a range of commercial software and associated expertise that are suitable for and used by for health professionals and agencies. These include:
- Fine grained access and consent management systems compliant with the XACMLv3 standard
- PKI X.509 storage, searching and matching
- Machinery of Government servers that reflect real world hierarchies
- Active Directory bridge technologies for managing access to non-Microsoft platforms from AD Group Policies
- Federated SSOsystems
- Virtual Directoryand Content solutions and data synchronisation
EB2BCOM has a flexible engagement model ranging from direct supply to being a subcontractor to Prime Contractors.
We negotiate sales, finalise contracts and supply product licenses from our suppliers, either via Prime Contractors or directly to end users as required. For larger projects, SI partners usually provide the implementation services while EB2BCOM provides specialist product knowledge. For smaller projects, EB2BCOM also is capable of performing the implementation.
Continuity of post project support and relationship
One of the issues facing organisations commissioning large IT projects that include COTS software is that the product support and maintenance will usually outlive the Prime Contractor’s tenure. This can result in critical support requirements being either overlooked, having to be renegotiated, or inadequately supplied from offshore.
EB2BCOM solves this problem by providing ongoing local support and professional services in support of the COTS products. Our Melbourne-based Support Desk provides top quality and responsive support and product maintenance updates to customers with current Annual Agreements. We currently support customers in Asia Pacific, Australia and New Zealand, Europe and North America.
Furthermore, we can provide these services for a number of vendors’ products with consequent “one-stop-shop” benefits, particularly in identifying in which product a fault may be located.
The expertise of our staff and the timeliness of our response has earned us an enviable reputation for service from a wide range of customers both direct and via partners. In the words of a Defence customer “EB2BCOM provides us with the best support of any software vendor”.
Configuration, implementation and deployment professional services
We provide system design, product integration, configuration and implementation, and training for the products we supply.